Wednesday 24 March 2010

Moulded Base



The Foldable chair is basically made up from three main parts, the back, base and frame. There is nothing wrong with he frame of the chair as it serves its function of folding flat quick and easily. The base is very basic, consisting of a small piece of plastic with some fixings on the bottom to attach it to the frame. I made my own base by simply heating plastic with a heat gun to change form of the plastic. I wanted to use am s shaped curve through the profile of the base dipping at the back and slightly raising at the front, similar to the foam cut out model I have done previously as I feel this shape works well. I found however that for the plastic to curve without wrinkling it would have to be heated to a greater uniform temperature.

No comments: