Wednesday 3 March 2010

Concept Stage

The main research stage of our project coming to an end and now it is the beginning of the concept stage. I will be aiming at people in education as my target market, people who are using seating that is cheap and unsupportive. The seating that is usually been bought from places like Ikea. I have concentrated on a few areas, I will be looking at add-ons to chairs, looking at what students have on them and how these objects can be adapted to help their posture while seated and even walking. Using the Language of slouch as my reasoning behind these ideas and eliminating the Gobba hunch and Divanio slouch.

Another area I will develop concepts in is clothing, looking at base layers, clothing like Under armour and the fabrics they use to help hold the body together. Smart fabrics are another area I will look into with the base layers. Looking at fabrics that have a high tension.

The folding chair is another item I will look at, it is a chair that is used in many locations for quick seating. They are used at concerts to conferences and while people are seated in these chairs they are there for a prolonged period of time.

Those are the three areas that I will develop concepts in, where in each a will be looking to eliminate hunching and slouching and also providing better comfort and posture.

No comments: