Thursday 11 March 2010

3D Body Scan

I was lucky enough to have an hour of so with a 3D body scanner to my disposal last week. The scanner was a very useful tool which provided me with a serous of models of my body in different positions. I was mainly looking to get three positions scanned to show one the correct seated position and also the hunched and slouched seated position. I will be able to use these models in Rhino and hopefully use them to build up a support that will take the shape or the correct seated positions profile. Below is a serious if images that I required from the scanner, some are clearer that others, this is because the scanner finds it difficult when picking up concealed parts of the body. In the seated scans I used a stool to sit on as using a seat would hide the back and therefore the scan would be useless.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here is a nice upcoming events that can be for interest to you:
www.3dbodyscanning.org

nicola