Wednesday 6 January 2010

Marquette Models - Divanio Slouch Mark1

For these models I really wanted to exaggerate the seating positions, forcing the user into the extreme end of the position. My first attempt (Mark1) I used an old wooden chair which I cut the back off and re-attached with support brackets. I also attached a foot rest to support the weight of the lower body. From the Divanio Slouch, it is the lower back that is affected most so I wanted to demonstrate this by using the chair.



After looking back at the pictures it was noticeable that the Mark1 did not show the curve in the spine that I wanted it to. By rotating the back at the base of the seat it didn’t fully force the back into the slouched position, so I took this into consideration and needed to come up with a different solution.

No comments: