Tuesday 5 January 2010

Discussion with a Chiropractor


What is a chiropractor? A chiropractor is someone who deals with all kind of problems within the body, they concentrate on the spinal biomechanics and the musculo-skeletal relationships in the body. For a lot people who suffer from back problems they are often the first port of call to seek treatment, they were for me. I spoke to Riverside Chiropractic Clinic in Aberdeen to get a professionals opinion on back pain. For me it was interesting to see if my findings and thoughts would match up to that of a chiropractor. One of the most important questions that I asked was what are the main causes of back pain? I was very happy with the response. She mentioned that a high percentage of her patients have a sedentary lifestyle and have an office based job. Another point that kept coming up in our conversation was that if her patients took part in daily exercise and ate a healthy diet she would be out of a job. This was very positive findings as it backed up my previous thoughts on how our lifestyles can have an effect on our back. Towards the end of the conversation I asked, how can we get people to understand the extent of the problem? She answered in a strange way by saying ‘people feel invincible until they feel the pain’. Which is very true because using myself as an example, I didn’t think twice about back problems until i had the problem. Overall it was very useful to get a professionals opinion on the subject and with her backing up my original findings it was very worthwhile.

No comments: