Wednesday 14 April 2010

Add-ons - Laptop Sleeve Back Support



As in a previous post I was looking at the back of the chair and creating more back support with a laptop bag. To try and create more of a customisable support I wanted to use inflatables.

I purchased some basic equipment for this which included arm bands, string, some plastic sheet and a laptop sleeve.



First of all I made a cut into the arm band, creating one long inflatable (This would act as the lumbar support). I then attached it to a plastic strip which would hold the inflatable in place with some string and placed it inside the laptop sleeve.



I used it in a landscape plane and attached it to a chair with some more string. It provided the best support so far in my concepts and the inflatable’s inside worked well, however the sleeve did not sit very well on the chair. I tried it on other chairs and it didn’t have much to hold onto. So this was by far the best experiment I have tried yet, I will try changing the orientation of the sleeve by turning it by 90 degrees and see how supportive it feels then.

No comments: