Saturday 21 March 2009

Busses on Union Street

To begin my research I went on a day trip in and around Aberdeen on the bus, documenting my findings using still images and video. I started on the busiest street in Aberdeen, knowing that there are hundreds of busses driving through Union Street every day I thought it would be a good place to start.

My initial thoughts on Union Street were the sheer busyness of the street. With bus lanes most of the way down the street, busses are a very predominant figure on Street. Busses stopping, pulling out to get buy other busses, sometimes it can become very congested. Here are some images that show how busy the Street is.

The image bellow shows how busses can take up a large amount of the road. For pedestrians trying to cross the roads and for cyclists this can be very dangerous.






From these images it shows how many busses there are on the roads especially in the centre. There are lanes especially for busses on union street but as you can see from the images, they busses don’t just use bus lanes

No comments: